Monday, March 4, 2013

Cashman Breaks Ankle, Not Bank

When Brian Cashman decided to tempt fate for a second time in one day, fate sent a shot across the bow. Cashman's ankle bore the brunt of his hubris. Was this a worthwhile cause? Well, it wasn't game 1 of the ALCS, but it was a cause. A cause for concern. Who jumps out of a plane twice for no reason? Has Cashman not had the go ahead to make any deals, or he has he been too busy locked in a dark room, rocking back and forth, and mumbling to himself about mega-trades that he would make if this was 1927? I can only assume the latter, as you should too.

Now that Cashman's lost it, we, as fans, can get down to the serious issues. Like why are area rugs so expensive? Who's pricing these things? I don't even really want an area rug, why should I pay that much for it? See? Silence. That's what I thought evil corporate area rug guy.

Also, who's our left fielder going to be? And another thing, why are three positions on a baseball team named after the Fielder family? I mean, Cecil was cool and all but that's a pretty lofty compliment don't you think? Discuss amongst yourselves.

4 comments:

Fernando Alejandro said...

And why are Kenmore's so awful these days? They used to be synonymous with quality and now I can't my oven to stay on after 2 years of use.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

I think you're thinking of Maytag.

Fernando Alejandro said...

I'm thinking of your face!

Rich Mahogany said...

A blog about appliances may be more interesting than a blog about the Yankees this season. Teixeira out 8-10 weeks with a wrist injury.