Saturday, September 4, 2010

Yanks Keep Winning Streak Alive

The Good

The Yanks won again, which is always good. Javy Vazquez proved that I was right about keeping him in the 'pen. Being right, which I usually am, is also good. Bronny Cash signed Thames to a minor league deal last off-season. That was really good.

The Bad

I guess we have to give this one to Javy. He was bad, plain and simple. I made it pretty clear he should be in the 'pen, but no one listened to me. That's bad.

The Ugly

Javy is still in the rotation. We've won eight in a row so it doesn't bother me quite as much, but it's still ugly. It's not that I think Dustin Moseley is that much better than Vazquez, it's that Vazquez is probably our best long relief option; at least until Aceves comes off the DL (which is probably never).

He Done Done It Again

Thames hit another home run last night. It appears that Kevin Long's tinkering with Granderson's swing also improved Thames's swing by osmosis. Weird.

Posada 17hr = $34
Granderson 17hr = $34
Cano 26hr = $52
Swisher 25hr = $50
Jeter 10hr = $20
Johnson 2hr = $4
Rodriguez 21hr = $42
Teixeira 30hr = $60
Thames 11hr = $22
Gardner 5hr = $10
Winn 1hr = $2
Miranda 3hr = $6
Curtis 1hr = $2
Kearns 2hr = $4
Nunez 1hr = $2
Total = $344

No comments: