Thursday, May 31, 2012

No Sweep!

The Good

There was no sweep yesterday, after a Mariano and Robertson-less bullpen managed to keep a 1 run lead provided by homeruns from Cano and Granderson. 

The Bad

Nova got the win, but it wasn't because of his pitching performance.  Nova went 6.1 innings and allowed 5 runs, but Nova can't lose on the road so the fates protected him.

The Ugly

Russell Martin and home plate umpire Laz Diaz got into an argument early on in the game, and Diaz would not let Martin throw new balls back to Nova.  "Early on in the game, I was arguing about strikes.  But Diaz misunderstood.  I wasn't talking about strikes in the game, I was talking about union strikes in the world at large.  I was just saying that with all this labor peace in baseball I've never been able to strike before, and I feel like I'm missing out on a fundamental life experience.  Diaz wasn't playing that."

Don't Cry, Dry Your Eyes

The little ones can sleep easy with 4 more dollars going to their health on behalf of Cano and Granderson.

Raul Ibanez 9hr = $18
Nick Swisher 8hr = $64
Andruw Jones 5hr = $10
Derek Jeter 5hr = $10
Curtis Granderson 16hr = $32
Alex Rodriguez 7hr = $14
Robinson Cano 8hr = $16
Mark Teixeira 9hr = $18
Eric Chavez 3hr = $6
Russell Martin 4hr = $8
Jayson Nix 2hr = $4
 
Total 76hr = $152

4 comments:

Rich Mahogany said...

It never stops, what?

Rich Mahogany said...

I thought there was a Fugees reference in that post.

here said...

I was just saying that with all this work serenity in football I've never been able to reach before, and I experience like I'm losing out on a essential lifestyle encounter. Diaz wasn't enjoying that."

Fernando Alejandro said...

It should have been! But it wasn't.