Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Seize by Force!

The Good

Swisher and Jones both hit homeruns putting the Yankees within striking distance of the hard hitting, fast pitching Minnesota Twins.  Hughes pitched a solid 6 innings, before unraveling in the 7th.  Logan pitched a solid 0 innings before unraveling in the 7th as well.

The Bad

Hughes loaded the bases in the 7th and was replaced by Boone Logan who readily let those runs score.  "I trusted that situation to Boone."  Explained Girardi.  "But honestly I got confused.  I looked at my roster and saw Boone, and I thought it was Aaron Boone, and I was like oh crap, Aaron Boone's in our bullpen!?  That guys pure magic!  Then I see Logan out there, and I'm like, 'I think I made a mistake'."

The Ugly

The Yankees lost an opportunity to gain a game on the Orioles who lost to Toronto earlier yesterday.  An opportunity, they must seize by force today!

Most Productive Bench Ever?

Jones and Swisher hit homeruns in yesterdays game adding $4 to the totals.  That makes 14 homeruns for Andruw Jones, 18 homeruns for Raul Ibanez, and 14 homeruns for Eric Chavez.  That may be the most productive bench in recent memory.

Raul Ibanez 18hr = $36
Nick Swisher 24hr = $48
Andruw Jones 14hr = $28
Derek Jeter 15hr = $30
Curtis Granderson 40hr = $80
Alex Rodriguez 18hr = $36
Robinson Cano 30hr = $60
Mark Teixeira 23hr = $46
Eric Chavez 14hr = $28
Russell Martin 18hr = $36
Jayson Nix 5hr = $10
Dewayne Wise 3hr = $6
Chris Stewart 1hr = $2
Ichiro Suzuki 5hr = $10
Casey McGehee 1hr = $2
Steve Pearce 1hr = $2
Eduardo Nunez 1 hr = $2  

Total 230 hr = $460

No comments: