Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cashman to Stay With Yankees

Big news tonight as Brian Cashman has agreed to stay with the Yankees through 2011. This is big, because without Cashman, we would likely have Hank trading away Scranton for Kerry Wood. I suspect Cashman got some assurance that baseball operations would remain under his control, and that he would have free reign to continue building the way he would like. I hope so. The prospects haven't worked out....yet, and the honest truth is that they were rushed, but with Brackman, Montero, and Jackson sitting in the minors I'd like to see how these players get developed. So congratulations to Cashman, and congratulations to Yankee fans everywhere. Now, we can go build the 2009 Yankees.

4 comments:

TribeGirl said...

Yay! I think this is good news for the Yankees - I'm pleasantly surprised (just a little), and super glad the decision was made right away so they can get to work!!!

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

they should get to work signing me as their new spokesman for Joe Girardi. Essentially I'd be like an Ari Fleischer or Scott McClellan, you know, lying my ass off about everything. Then I'd leave the team and write a tell all book about how I did know about all these injuries but lied to the press anyway because I was drunk with power, then I'll make millions, then I'll buy Girardi a new hat as a thank you.

TribeGirl said...

You'll totally be a Scott McClellan then. Ari Fleischer is still sticking straight to the party line Bush/Cheney story.

Does Girardi need a new hat? I guess from the time he threw his on the ground when he got suspended?

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

true about fleischer, but he did lie his ass off, as I will do. The book will more McClellanesque, but the media will love me for my belated honesty, which will technically be refreshing b/c the person who replaced me is still lying to them.