Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Moose Gets His 20!

I had to work today, but there was a TV there so I was able to watch the game. That 3-run shot by Nady was glorious, and Moose pitched a stellar 6 innings allowing 0 runs. It was a little risky pulling him out after 6 having thrown so few pitches, but the Yankees managed. There were some rough spots as Chamberlain decided to have a lapse, but Brian Bruney, Phil Coke, and Mariano Rivera all deserve a round on Moose. Also, the offense scrapped up some runs in the 9th off Papelbon to put the game a little further out of reach.

I for one am extremely excited for Moose. He lost the first two games he threw this month and needed to win 3 straight against some tough teams if he was going to get the 20, and you know, he did just that. He is a likely candidate for the Comeback Player of the Year Award. I for one would be fine seeing him back here next season. He's pitching effectively with some really light stuff. And this isn't a fluke seeing as he's done it all season, and its produced the first 20 win season of his career. I hope he decides to play next year, and I hope the Yankees bring him back.

You may have noticed that we didn't do individual summaries for these games. Tomorrow we're going to do a weekend summary covering all three games for your Monday morning reading pleasure. Until then, Congratulations Mike Mussina!

5 comments:

Fred Trigger said...

I'm glad too. I always like Mussina. He is a criminally underated pitcher. Heres to Mussina for the HOF.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

he should make the hall, it will be interesting to see if he goes for 300.

Bucky7588 said...

now that hes won 20, he'll be in

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

I hope so Bucky, he's certainly earned it.

Rebecca said...

I hope he's in!