Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dustin Pedroia Considering a Move to Shallow Left

According to a report at Fanhouse, The Red Sox are considering moving second baseman Dustin Pedroia to shortstop and pursuing one of a number of second base options on the free agent market. The 5'8" Pedroia has said he'd welcome the challenge.

"I've got a good arm, I know I'll probably have to set up in shallow left if I'm going to get to any balls at shortstop, but I think I can still throw guys out," explained Pedroia. "Besides, then I can talk to Bay or whoever we end up with in Left, it'll be fun."

3 comments:

Rob A from BBD said...

If the Red Sox signed Placido Polanco or Orlando Hudson they would be better off than signing any of the shortstops out there. Does Pedrioa have the arm for it though?

Damon said...

the irony

Fernando Alejandro said...

Pedroia seems to think he does. If he plays well there, it would solidify a position that they've had trouble filling in the past. If he doesn't, it'll be interesting to see what they do, especially if they have Placido Polanco or Orlando Hudson signed to a multi-year deal.