Monday, May 24, 2010

Mets Take Rubber Match, Sabathia Weeps

The Good

Jeter had a 3-5 night, including the Yankees only extra base hit: a double off K-Rod. Cervelli continues to hit at the major league level, which no one could foresee.

Mitre and Logan proved how effective they can be against National League teams.

The Bad

The Yankees could do little against Mets ace Johan Santana. Santana allowed just 1 run across 1.2 innings. In what was billed as a huge lefties match up, Santana performed and Sabathia did not. Which leads to this:

The Ugly

Sabathia lasted 5 innings allowing 6 runs, 5 earned. Sabathia admits that he strayed from the game plan the team outlined at the beginning of the game. "We had this game plan where I was going to go out and not give up runs, and pitch deep into the game. Instead, I decided I'd try my own game plan of giving up lots of runs, and getting out early in the game, just to see how that would work out. In hindsight, it didn't work out that well, but I would have never known that had I not tried."

Cervelli agreed: "I was calling for sliders away, and Sabathia was shaking me off. So I was like, fastball down the middle? And Sabathia was all for it. Sometimes you just gotta let a pitcher call their own shots."

Respect Jeter's Gangster is for the Children

The RJG is commited to donating $2 for every homerun hit this season to the Children's Health Fund. For information about the Children's Health Fund and the Yankees Homerun Club, please look at the links provided at the top right hand corner of this page.

And that previous paragraph would mean a lot more had the Yankees hit any homeruns last night. Maybe we need to get Miranda into some more games.

Posada 6hr = $12
Granderson 2hr = $4
Cano 9hr = $18
Swisher 7hr = $14
Jeter 4hr = $8
Johnson 2hr = $4
Rodriguez 6hr = $12
Teixeira 7hr = $14
Thames 2hr = $4
Gardner 2hr = $4
Winn 1hr = $2
Miranda 2hr = $4
Total = $100

5 comments:

lady gaganonymous said...

I'm gonna keep saying this: Where's that guy that said we could only win with Cervelli? Hmmm.

It's been a tough two weeks. =/

Fernando Alejandro said...

I'm glad that we're facing Minnesota next, though if we lose this series I'll be pretty discouraged. The injuries are concerning, but a team with Teixeira and A-Rod, not to mention a starting rotation like ours, should not slide too far.

Steve said...

I know that RJG has a lot of Yankee fans and that some of the team reads it but I never new that Lady gaganonymous was really Jorge Pasada using a pen name.

lady gaganonymous said...

Steve, heh. I deserved that. Seriously, though, the team is not better off without Posada in any way.

I won't be discouraged. There will still be about 120 games to play. That is a LOT.

Fernando Alejandro said...

And by some of the team obviously you mean the entire team, their families, their limo drivers and their limo drivers families.

But yeah, we gotta go strong against Minnesota. No losing against Minnesota!