Friday, May 14, 2010

Yanks Drop Second Series of Season

The Good

No runs were driven in by the Yankees, which means limited running. They should be fresh for the upcoming series against the Twins. Also, we saw that Ivan Nova can pitch. Plus his name sounds like he's from the future, so that's good.

The Bad

No runs were driven in by the Yankees, the second time this series that Detroit has blanked the Yankees and made them look sad. Also, we never got revenge against their closer despite his attempts to ruin baseball by fist-pumping.

The Ugly

CC was unable to command his fastball yesterday, leading to 6 Tiger runs in 6 Tiger innings.

"I just couldn't command the fastball," lamented CC after the game. "Normally, I'm all, 'Alright Fastball, go to the outside corner.' But today, I'd look at my fastball, with its puppy dog eyes, and I just didn't have the heart to command it. It was just one of those days."

Yankees Deny Double Donation to CHF

No way around this one, the Yankees didn't even try to help the children yesterday. I guess children's health is just one more thing the Yankees are out to destroy along with sportsmanship and kittens.

Posada 5hr = $10
Granderson 2hr = $4
Cano 9hr = $18
Swisher 7hr = $14
Jeter 4hr = $8
Johnson 2hr = $4
Rodriguez 3hr = $6
Teixeira 6hr = $12
Thames 1hr = $2
Gardner 1hr = $2
Winn 1hr = $2
Total = $82

5 comments:

Riddering said...

I was at the game and swallowed many a tear when each inning ended without a Yankee passing second base.

But being the unstoppable Pollyanna I am, I took comfort in the fact that the Yanks worked five walks and the Tigers none. And even though the Yanks only won one game they scored the same # of runs as the Tigers. Hah, take that, Detroit!

Anyway, it'll be good for the Yanks to get back home and take with them the knowledge that Hughes is dominating, Javy pitched better, and Joba is fistpumping yet again.

Unknown said...

You were in Detroit? That's pretty awesome! Its one of my goals in life to visit all the baseball stadiums. So far, I have Yankee stadium under my belt.

And even better than drawing 5 walks, we managed that feat without Nick Johnson in our lineup. I think that counts for something. Something nominal, but something.

Rich Mahogany said...

My suspicions have been confirmed. The Detroit Tigers don't give a crap about children's health. Not even Damon cares anymore. He was seen outside Comerica telling children that washing your hands is lame and it's good luck to sneeze on other people.

I agree that Ivan Nova is an awesome future name. It could also be the name of a WWE wrestler.

Rich Mahogany said...

Fernando, this might be the first time in history that anyone wrote the first two sentences in your comment.

Unknown said...

Haha, well stated sir. It was meant more in reference to the ballpark. When I reread my first two lines I had to laugh.