Thursday, January 1, 2009

My NFL Playoff Wishlist

In addition to respecting Jeter's gangster, I sometimes watch football. I'm hoping for a Manning v. Manning Super Bowl, in which the winner claims his father's love for good, while the loser is exiled to some lesser football family, like the Grieses. I think that would make for great theater. It would be like a Greek tragedy without all the poetry and meaning. My guess is Jeter won't be awarded the Super Bowl MVP, since he always gets overlooked for these things. It's unfair really, but that's life, and gangster's don't cry, they emoticon (that should be our new t-shirt).

5 comments:

Raven King said...

How come there're so few African American QBs in NFL?

Raven King said...

Jamie Moyer should be awarded the Super Bowl MVP.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

That's a good question. You see many more in college football. I think part of it is there was a long time prejudice against black QBs, much like there was against black coaches. The coaching picture has changed a lot in the NFL and I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more black QBs in the future as well.

Anonymous said...

So much for that playoff wish. I was rooting for the Colts last night for the same reason...

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

yeah, I was less than pleased. Let's just say I might punch Payton Manning's horse...in the face!