Friday, April 11, 2008

I Need Your Help

I'm not watching this game, I'm just following it on gameday. Could Abreu really have gotten to Drew's homerun, thus preserving a no-hitter for Wang? My brother and I have always taken issue with Abreu's unwillingness to get his uniform dirty. At first we though maybe they charge the players for washing them and he's just cheap like that, but they don't, we looked into it. I really hope he didn't blow a no-hitter for Wang just for the sake of not reaching over into the bullpen to catch a ball.

7 comments:

stormrider6 said...

I say he could have and should have. The ball glanced off of his glove which means he was there, but I don't think he gave it his all to make the grab. He should have because when the guy on the mound is working on a no-no, shouldn't you be giving it your all to back him up in the field? I'm disappointed in Smilin' Bobby...

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

he should be giving it his all regardless, but especially when a no-hitter is on the line. Thanks for the heads up. Abreu can be a really frustrating player to watch sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna say it's just bad luck becauce we won the game and I am a very, very, very kind person.

Jeff said...

Abreu said he bumped his shoulder on the fence which prevented him from getting full extension of his arm.

It looked a bit awkward on TV and watching the replay, like perhaps he just timed the jump wrong.

The bottom line is that he definitely could have caught the ball and probably should have. It wouldn't have been an easy catch, but it was one you would hope a major leaguer would make.

-Jeff
http://pinstripers.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Since BA didn't end up prone and unconscious inhaling dirt on the warning track he didn't try hard enough.

Anonymous said...

Give Bobby a break. At least he make contact with the wall.

Anonymous said...

Church!!!