Monday, December 8, 2008

All is Quiet on the Sabathian Front

So far the big news of the winter meetings relating to CC Sabathia is that he has met with Cashman, and is set to meet with the Brewers today. I can only imagine what that conversation will be like since I seriously don't know how you sell $40 million less dollars to someone. The only thing I can think is that the Brewers are offering to hire Sabathia through one of their non-profit organizations and make the $40 million pay cut a charitable contribution he can later write off his taxes.

In the meantime, I've decided that I'm going to try and improve A-Rod's image by focusing on qualities that I've largely fabricated. For example, did you guys know that A-Rod is currently in an NYC hospital donating as much blood as legally possible because he read that there was a shortage? Or that he spent this last weekend teaching school children to say no to drugs? Or that three weeks ago he was in Thailand breaking up an illegal child slavery ring? I bet none of you knew that, and yet you all judge him.

Lastly, I'm really hoping for some news today from the Winter Meetings. If not that one Constantine Coolio Sabathia has signed with the Yankees, then at least that Burnett has gone to the Braves or that the Yankees have accomplished a blockbuster trade sending IPK, Melky, and Hughes to the Mets for Johan Santana.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm finding that I really dislike Dunkin Donuts coffee. It just doesn't taste good. But it is the only real breakfast chain restaurant, at least in the northeast. There's no Krispy Kreme's near by, and I suppose I could do Newman's Own fairtrade coffee at McDonald's, but I'm somewhat hesitant to go to McDonald's after I worked there as a teenager. Starbucks costs more than I'm willing to spend, and they don't have any drive-thru locations near here, which means I would have to get out of the car and brave the cold just to pay a lot for coffee that they make you put sugar and cream in like we were animals. Why does this matter? It doesn't, but with the Yankees giving us little to work with, I need to fill these pages with something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Constantine Coolio. LOL.

Fernando Alejandro said...

With initials like CC the possibilities are endless!

Raven King said...

A-Rod should spend some time teaching married pro baseball players to say no to strippers.