There has been a call from our fanbase to post something positive about sir Alex Rodriguez. Our comments in the past concerning the third baseman have been full of mockery, and ingratitude towards the man who selflessly switched positions just so he could stand at the right hand of Derek Jeter. Since then, A-Rod has gone through several ups and downs, the ups gaining him MVP awards, and the downs gaining him boo's at the stadium. So now, we wish to present 10 things we appreciate about Alex Rodriguez:
1) He selflessly moved from short to third when he came to the Yankees.
2) He has won two MVP awards in his time in pinstripes.
3) Alex does charity sessions for the Boys & Girls Clubs every off season.
4) Alex, who owns several properties in Tampa, once chased away an arson who was trying to burn down an apartment complex that housed dozens of orphan children that A-Rod was caring for.
5) He's the first player to play for two World Baseball Classic teams.
6) He works harder than most players in the game.
7) Like Jeter, Alex dates famous singers! They may be 25 years older than the ones Jeter dates, but still, famous singers!
8) When he's on, he can be as good as any clutch hitter out there. In 2007 he was on.
9) In the off season, Alex works as a construction worker in Mexico to really feel the plight of working class Latin America.
10) A-Rod could bail out the Auto industry if he wanted to.
So there you have it. You can no longer say that we are all negative all the time concerning A-Rod, because we will point to this post as proof that we love our third baseman. He may drive us nuts half the time, but the love is still there.