Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Swish Explains His Injury

After yesterday's game, Swisher explained the at-bat in which he got hurt.

"Well, we were up 11-2 so I decided I would go for the cycle. But with a lead like that, you don't go for a measly regular cycle. I wanted the super-cycle. This requires a single, an infield single, a double (which I already had), a ground rule double, a triple, a home run and an inside the park home run. You also need a walk and a hit by pitch. When I fouled that ball off my knee, I was swinging for the infield single, but I knocked it down and back instead of a down and forward. Then Joe came out and I'm all, 'Don't take me out skip, I'm going for the super-cycle.' He's all, 'The super-cycle? Man, that would be so cool!' Then he comes back a pitch later and he's like, 'I just looked it up, there is no super-cycle! You made that $#!% up! Go sit on the bench and think about what you did.' Then my knee swelled up."

4 comments:

Dylan said...

The only thing missing from that sequence was him fouling a ball of his foot, then having it bounce up and smack him in the face. Strike three right there.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

it was a sort of three stooges at bat. Personally, I blame Canada's sound banking system, but that's just me.

Rich Mahogany said...

I wanted him to hit for the super-cycle.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

I did too. Girardi was pretty upset though.