Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thames Biggest Offensive Threat

The Good

Marcus Thames seems to be the most potent hitter throughout this Toronto series. RJG learned that Thames has a personal vendetta against the Blue Jays. "I was here in Toronto a few years ago, and this guy walks up to me, and he's like 'Do you have two loonies for a toonie?' and I was like 'I don't want any trouble.' and he says 'What do you mean? I need some loonies.' and I was like 'I don't do drugs.' and the guy was just a jerk. From there on out, I made it my personal goal to mash against the Blue Jays."

Also good, Javier Vazquez's 4.1 innings of 1 run relief. Phil Hughes' 3.1 innings of 5 run ball was not good, but the fact that he limited his own innings was helpful to his overall arm health. We can count that as a positive, maybe.

The Bad

Besides Thames, the offense was listless. We do not have the division locked down by any means, and this series has revealed some weaknesses, namely a streaky offense.

The Ugly

Phil Hughes' start ended poorly. When will Pettitte be back?

Thames Cares

Last night Marcus Thames hit the only homerun of the Yankees evening providing the children with extra money.

Posada 16hr = $32
Granderson 14hr = $28
Cano 25hr = $50
Swisher 22hr = $44
Jeter 10hr = $20
Johnson 2hr = $4
Rodriguez 21hr = $42
Teixeira 28hr = $56
Thames 6hr = $12
Gardner 5hr = $10
Winn 1hr = $2
Miranda 3hr = $6
Curtis 1hr = $2
Kearns 2hr = $4
Total = $312

2 comments:

Steve said...

is there an exchange rate on homers hit in Canada or do the kids get the whole two bucks?

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

that's a good question. I'm going to have to take that up with our legal and accounting team. My gut says the exchange rate should apply, but they should also get canadian prices on medicine with respect to that percentage of money derived from canadian sources.