Monday, May 19, 2008

Yankee Quad Strain Epidemic Spreads to Blog Writers

So I was playing in a friendly church frisbee tournament this weekend, and you wouldn't believe what happened. I strained my left quad. I hurt it somewhat during our warm up when someone threw a frisbee too far out of reach, and I sprinted at top speed. I felt it right away and started stretching it just like A-Rod and Jeter did. At first it felt like it needed to just be stretched to stay good. After that I could still run, just not at top speed. But then a play came in the end zone in the Final Game of the tournament where I had to change directions, stiff arm an opponent, spin move around a group of defenders, and make a quick sprint past a diving blocker, and after a tremendous catch that made men cheer and ladies swoon, my quad was officially torn. I tried to do a fist pump but couldn't muster the proper leg propulsion necessary to get my fist high into the air. I got sent out for a sub, and I kept trying to jog on the sideline in hopes to get back into the game, but the damage was done. I could only limp along and watch the rest of the game.

So let this be a warning to all of you blog writers. The spirit of Marty Miller is after your quads, and the Great Yankee Quad Epidemic could reach you soon. If it happened to Jeter, it can happen to you.

5 comments:

TribeGirl said...

Maybe you can get hooked up with a golden thong and you'll feel better...

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

what's funny is I also suffered a leg injury this weekend, though I don't know why or how. weird.

TribeGirl said...

Ummmm....well, then I suppose you guys can share the golden thong like the Yankees do???

Anonymous said...

Why, are you twins?

Fernando Alejandro said...

We're not twins, but apparently we have the same genetic defect that makes our legs susceptible to injury on Sunday afternoons.