Friday, October 16, 2009

Dodgers Lose, Yankees Will be Playing Phillies

How can I make such a claim after one game? I had a prophetic vision that whoever won the first game would win that series, and my prophetic visions have about a 33% success rate, which in baseball is hall of fame worthy. So expect the Phillies.

In other news, John Lackey refuses to be intimidated by us. Lackey had some interesting quotes about it:

"The Yankees are a great team, but I just don't scare so easy. I grew up in a house built on top of a colonial era graveyard, which had been built on top of an ancient Indian burial ground, which had been built on top of an ancient dinosaur burial ground. I would have ghost natives and ghost colonials riding on ghost raptors through my bedroom all night. I don't scare. I mean the Yankees have tried. They put horse heads in my bed, live snakes in my mattresses, they once left that movie 'Saw' on in my living room, they even ate all my Honey Nut Cheerio's, and left menacing messages on my answering machine telling me to watch my back. It just reminds me of my childhood is all. I'm not intimidated. I have a healthy appreciation for Jeter's gangster, but that's it."

Given this revelation, it should be a pretty good match up tonight.

No comments: