Sunday, February 8, 2009

And the Award Goes To...

The award for most melodramatic take on the A-Rod roid scandal goes to Jayson Stark for this column on ESPN.com.

I'll be the first to admit that this revelation hurts the sport, but come April 1st, I'll be watching baseball. Baseball will always be America's game because it's about more than particular players, statistics, or records. It's about catch with dad, your first trip to the ball park, catching a fly ball in the stands. So let's not lose it. Does it hurt? Yes. Will it make me care more about some other sport? No. Is this hockey's chance to gain some market share? No. Sorry hockey, you still suck. Just kidding. But seriously, no one likes you.

2 comments:

Bucky7588 said...

Oh ya, I totally agree here. I read the first few paragraphs and couldn't go on. Of course, he's a Red Sox lover anyway

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

It was pretty ridiculous. Baseball will always be baseball in America, that's just the way it is.