In this Valentine's day, we at the Respect Jeter's Gangster blog would like to share what we appreciate and love most about the New York Yankees. So here are the top 10 things we love about the Yankees:
1. When most teams would be crippled by their top player being injured, the Yankees just go out and get another top player.
2. The way Jeter answers all questions without actually answering any questions.
3. The fact that they have Derek Jeter.
4. The way they're called the evil empire, and then buy up every major free agent to prove it.
5. I love the way they build a new stadium, despite the fact that it has obstructed views.
6. The way the Yankees always want it all, and then get it.
7. The way Jeter hits to the opposite field, even though we all know he has the pull power to hit 30 homeruns annually.
8. The way their owners have lost their flipping minds, and aren't afraid to show it to the whole world.
9. The way people can spend hours writing negative things about them, but only do so to hide their intense admiration and deep seeded desire to be a New York Yankee.
10. The way they're rivalry with the Red Sox out does any other rivalry in the continent.
There you have it. So what do you love most about the New York Yankees? Derek Jeter?