Friday, February 20, 2009

Damon and Nady Tap into Swiss Bank Accounts

Johnny Damon and Xavier Nady apparently cannot access their bank accounts because of the Stanford scandal investigation that has frozen all assets. If you're wondering what the Stanford scandal is, you're not alone. The basic story is that another banker ripped off a bunch of people, and is now being investigated. The good news is that Nady and Damon both had Swiss bank accounts per Derek Jeter's advice, and are now doing fine.

"I was getting worried because I couldn't put a down payment for an apartment." Explained Nady. "But when I first got here, Jeter told me about all these accounts he had in the Caribbean and in Europe. He said that in this economic climate it was much safer. So I opened one up and put $100,000 in there. I'm happy I did."

Damon gave a similar story: "I would always see Jeter making a phone call and speaking in French, then a couple days later a duffle bag full of money would be delivered to him. I finally asked him what he was doing, and he told me that the safest place to keep money is under your bed and in the Swiss alps. I dropped a couple million in there, and now I'm able to pay my bills. It was genius."

So, yes, you could call this a filler post, but there's not much going on. We're largely staying away from the steroid issue for now until the other 103 names come out. I suspect Bonds may be on there, but I can't be sure. I hope to hear more baseball news in the next few days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!! never underestimate Jeter... How gangster is speaking french now... I bet alot of you are happy you didnt transfer out of that french class in high school when you had the chance. "omle du fremouge"

I hope things get sorted out for them
....6 more days wee wee!!

Raven King said...

Quick! Somebody tell Jeter to turn on his TV!!
Swiss bank accounts are no more safe!

Fernando Alejandro said...

Don't worry, he switched them to Antigua. He's always ahead of the game.