Thursday, February 26, 2009

That's More Like it

Today's game with the Rays features a lineup that looks more like what we'll likely be seeing throughout the season. I'm curious to see how the Teixeira/Rodriguez combo works out:

Lineup
Damon LF
Jeter SS
Teixeira 1B
Rodriguez 3B
Cano 2B
Nady RF
Posada DH
Molina C
Cabrera CF

Further more, Hughes, Coke, Marte, Albaladejo and Melancon will be pitching. I'm real interested to see how Coke and Albaladejo do this spring. Coke dominated in his short call up last September, and Albaladejo missed the majority of last season with an elbow injury. I'd like to see if Coke's amazing performance was just a fluke or if he's really that effective. They say Albaladejo looks fit and ready to pitch. I guess he really wants that job. I'm also curious to see where Hughes ends up at the end of spring training. With no starting job available, it really wouldn't serve him to keep him in the bullpen as a long reliever. He should end up in triple A, and build up his innings, though I'm sure we'll see him at some point this season. I haven't seen Melancon pitch but I've heard good things. I'm starting to get really excited for baseball.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coke was awesome. I like that guy a lot.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

I wonder who the best hitter is to put behind Rodriguez if we're going to use Teixeira third. The more protection A-Rod has the more he mashes presumably, so I have to wonder if Cano is the best answer for the five spot. Cano can hit, but he can also slump like nobody's business. Should be interesting.

Anonymous said...

Cano was doing his thang at second.. very impressed..... coke and huges were also on point... this was a good game to watch.. esspecialy after a hideously long offseason.. i am looking forward for when the season really picks up....and all my doubts bout posada have been somewhat shut up for the time being!

Anonymous said...

Matsui is coming back HUGE this season. Even without a knee last year he hit .294/.370/.424. He is the perfect #5 hitter to protect Rod as a lefty and will most likely be healthy enough to play the field at some point. Don't underestimate Matsui's Gangster.

Fernando Alejandro said...

Matsui is still a prime hitter if he can play. If I'm Girardi I keep him off the field all season, and let him DH, because I agree that if he's healthy, he's the best fit behind A-Rod. Posada wouldn't be bad either.