Monday, June 16, 2008

Meet Your New Ace

The Yanks signed Sidney Ponson to a minor league contract, moving quickly to replace their injured ace. When asked about the signing, Cashman responded, "Who?" You may remember Ponson from his brief stint on the Yankees in 2006. Or, if you ever got into an unprovoked fight in Aruba during the winter months, he's probably the guy they arrested over the incident. It is being said that Ponson may pitch on Saturday in place of Giese. Personally, I'd rather see Giese. As much as I don't want to deny Cashman the pleasure of DFAing this guy for a second time in three years, I really don't see how this helps us. He hasn't pitched terribly for Texas this season, he's just been a terrible human being for them. I'm sure New York City will make him a better person though. What do you guys think? Giese or Ponson?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta say I was shocked by this signing...I'd definitely go with Giese on Saturday...for at least one start. He's pitched well and he's earned it. Let him start a game.

Bucky7588 said...

Lets go with Giese, he doesn't have a history of sucking or random-spur-of-the-moment-brawls...or ya know, I'd be willing to take a shot at it, I mean, they did sign Ponson....

Anonymous said...

Maybe Cashman lost a bet, and he HAD to sign Ponson. That's about the only way this deal makes sense. That or the mob kidnapped his family and made him do it or else! I can't see why you would sign this guy. I guess he did pitch okay in Texas, but they got rid of the guy because he's such an ass, so we'll see how this little experiment goes.

Fernando Alejandro said...

One things for sure, Ponson picked up that drinking habit again.

They should go with Giese.

Steve said...

I have two friends that are strippers who spent time one night with Ponson this past winter in Florida. I would like to see Giese pitch but I would like to party with Ponson

Anonymous said...

Giese is pitching Saturday.

Ponson is pitching for Scranton on Saturday, and then he might get a start against the Mets next weekend with that whole double header situation.

I'm hoping he's used just for that start and then is let go. I don't care if he pitches a perfect game, I wouldn't hug that sweaty fat f***

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

I'd party with Ponson, but I'd be waiting for him to get drunk and pick a fight with me even though I'm his ride home since that seems to be his MO

Fernando Alejandro said...

Ponson's the best pick up since Matt Lawton.