Monday, June 9, 2008

The Yanks Are Mediocre, Get Used To It

Deron was a shortstop in the Yankees minor league system back in 1995 when a PED scandal ended his career. He brings an insider’s perspective to our blog.

So I haven't posted in a while, mainly because this blog is so stupid. But now that Fernando's been deposed and exiled to Nigeria, I thought I'd chime in and get a few things off my chest.

First of all, Kennedy and Hughes have been great AAAA pitchers, which is to say, they suck. Here were the two kids who were going to make the yanks a powerhouse for years to come and they're both "injured." Isn't it interesting how they both got "injured" once it became clear they were at best mediocre 5 inning pitchers. That's right, your two young studs and Jaret Wright A and B. Don't worry, they'll join Jaret in Pittsburgh sooner or later.

Based on his sleepy performance as manager thus far, I'd have to say that when he's not working out, Joe Girardi is drinking his favorite sports drink: beer. Take it from someone who drinks guinness as a meal replacement supplement three times a day, your manager is drinking, a lot. "Sure Andy, you've given up 6 runs, but by all means pitch to the Royals clean up hitter with the bases loaded." Good call Joe, good call. Maybe for an encore you can have Mussina pitch to Manny Ramirez with the bases loaded.

Meanwhile professional man-whore, I mean captain of the Yankees, Derek Jeter continues to be a subpar shortstop. The Yanks could have had me, and they would've won every year from 96 onwards, but they went with sir-sucks-a-lot and they only got 4 rings in five years. Considering most of the player development people get their baseball knowledge from old 16 bit nintendo games, it's not a surprise. Do you really think Kei Igawa was an irregularity. Just look at how their future aces (see second paragraph above) have pitched thus far. Monkeys, even cognitively slow ones, could pick talent better than these guys.

That's it for now. I'll see you guys when I come out of my black out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for allowing me a glance of the dark side of the moon.