Thursday, October 30, 2008

Derek Jeter Reveals Yankees Off Season Plans in Interview

Sports Illustrated put out an interview with Derek Jeter where he basically outlined in graphic detail, the plans of the Yankees for 2009. Okay, not really, but he did reveal some pretty amazing things. Just check out some of these features:

-He said that he is voting.
-He said the he lives in Tampa.
-He doesn't play much X-box.
-He said that his parents don't have bad seats.

As you can see, the man knows how to give a good interview. Oh, he also revealed that he doesn't plan on picking up Kaballah. Is there any doubt that if Derek Jeter ever went to court he would get off of what ever charges were put against him? He answers all the questions without giving you any information. Its an art I am personally trying to master.

In other news, the Phillies won the world series. I'm happy for them. I was pulling for the Rays, but the Phillies had a good team, and I like a lot of their players. I like especially that they toppled the Mets. I did however lose a lot of money yesterday. Not because I bet online against the Phillies, but because the stock market continues to tumble. I would pull my money out, only by doing so I would send the Dow plummeting so precipitously I would start the next great depression and World War III at the same time, and that's not a responsibility I want.

Lastly, the hot stove season can officialy begin. Let the rumors fly!

7 comments:

Fred Trigger said...

speaking of rumors. Word on the street is the yankees are looking to sign Manny to play right field. I highly doubt this is true. Thoughts?

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing about Manny too. But why on earth would the Yankees tie up all that money for a mediocre outfielder who would end up being yet another DH? We need to get younger and more athletic and I don't want Manny! Please, Cashman, don't do it.

Fernando Alejandro said...

The Manny rumors keep coming up because the Yankees just lost their 3rd and 5th hitters (Abreu and Giambi) to free agency and two other key pieces in the lineup (Posada and Matsui) are questionable. The rumors will die down if the Yankees sign Teixeira or trade for a legitamite hitter.

Bucky7588 said...

I think they'll resign Abreu, he's too perfect for A-Rod.

TribeGirl said...

MannyMannyMannyMannyMannyMannyManny!!!! You know I'm all for Manny coming to the Yankees!!!! MannyMannyMannyMannyMannyMannyManny!!!!

BTW - if this crap is true about A-Rod and Madonna (which I never believed in the past), I'm going to have to stop sticking up for him so much and we will no longer be BFFs that never met....

Fernando Alejandro said...

I don't want Manny here. Well, I take that back, I don't want him here for more than one or two seasons tops, and only if he agrees in writing on his contract that he will follow the Yankee guidelines.

But Manny would never take that deal.

Anonymous said...

I don't see Manny playing for the Yankees. Cash and Hank are simply not that creative.