Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The RJG Community Wants Answers, So They're Going to Get Answers

By popular demand, it was time to phone friend of the blog, Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman. With the Yankees struggling (read: blowing hard) lately, it was time to get some answers via satellite video phone. Below is the transcript:

BC: Hello?

RJG: Hey there, Bronny. How's it hanging?

BC: I don't know, why don't you ask your mother.

RJG: Whoa there Bronny. No need to get nasty. Just because you're clearly incompetent when it comes to putting a team together doesn't mean you need to take it out on your good friends at RJG. Besides, you could always call up the GMs for the Nationals or Marlins for advice.

BC: What do you want?

RJG: Um, I don't know, how about for my team to stop getting embarrassed by the ass-end of Major League Baseball. I think that's reasonable.

BC: Well, look. We're going to lose some games here and there, but I'm happy with what we've built and I believe this team is going to make the playoffs.

RJG: You're happy? Happy? With this? You're happy with a team that is 0-8 against their biggest division rival? A team that lost series against the Nationals and Marlins? A team that only took a series from the injury-riddled Mets by a miraculous misplay? Is that what you're happy with?

BC: It's a marathon not a . . .

RJG: What are you Joe Torre now? Torre can use those cliches because he wins. You don't, so you have to give real answers.

BC: Look, our clean-up hitter is not performing right now, one of our front line starters is lucky to give us five innings, another of our front line starters is lucky to give us five innings, and so we are where we are. We can turn this around, but it takes time. Peaks and valleys my friend.

RJG: I understand that, but in fairness, you put this team together. Joba has never been efficient, you completely mismanaged Wang's rehab, so you can hardly put this on the players' under-performance. At what point does the buck stop with the guy who put the team together?

BC: I don't think I like your tone!

RJG: I don't think I like your team!

[Click]

Well there you have it folks. It's just a matter of time before everything starts clicking.

2 comments:

Fred Trigger said...

I like that they're 0-8 against their biggest division rivals.......I'll show myself the door.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

It's okay Fred. Your team has earned you the right to gloat. But we're still better looking than your team.