Tuesday, December 17, 2013

How Many Physicals Has Beltran Failed?

With the pick ups of Matt Thornton and Brian Roberts, the Yankees continue their trend of getting older, more brittle, and overall worse than they were last year. I can only assume that's their organizational mandate and orienting philosophy. Which is why I find it so odd that they haven't announced the Carlos Beltran deal yet. How bad are this guy's knees that even the Yankees are hitting pause? I mean, I know there's no cartilage there but maybe it's even worse than that. To give the Yankees pause, I can only assume Beltran no longer has knees, and that his femur has fused to his lower leg bones, the names of which I am completely and utterly ignorant. But I'm not so ignorant as to let Google have a record of my having searched 'names of lower leg bones'. Employers read that $#!% nowadays and I'm not going to risk future employment opportunities for the sake of self-improvement. #capitalism.

4 comments:

Rich Mahogany said...

Looks like there will be a lot of competition for the DH spot this year among Beltran, Soriano, Roberts, and Jeter.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

Don't forget that Teixeira may need some days there too, and A-Rod if he's playing.

Rich Mahogany said...

Of course. I only focused on the front-runners on this ancient team.

My boss at work told me I need to see Anchorman 2 this weekend so he can begin quoting it to me. I'm very happy with my job.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

That does sound like a nice gig!