With all the controversy surrounding Joba Chamberlain's fist pumps, much of the sports viewing world has become unsure of when fist pumping is appropriate. As always, the Respect Jeter's Gangster blog has your back. Here are some situations you don't want to pump your fist in:
1) When a girl says she'll go on a date with you.
2) When your wife says dinner with the in laws is canceled.
3) When you finish a six pack by yourself.
4) When you finish your fourth plate at a chinese buffet.
5) When your kids game is rained out, and you can now watch the Yankee game you really wanted to see.
6) When you hear of Pavano's next injury.
7) When your boss calls out sick.
8) When you're a shortstop not named Derek Jeter.
9) When your wifes annoying pet gets hit by a truck.
10) When you switch your car insurance to Geico.
Here are some situations you are allowed to pump your fist in:
1) When the Yankees win.
2) When you finish a final exam.
3) When the cruiser pulls the guy behind you over, even though you were going faster.
4) When you meet Derek Jeter in person.
5) When they pull Igawa out of tonights game.
6) When your rent check doesn't bounce.
7) When you purchase a Respect Jeter's Gangster t-shirt.
8) When your wife says the theater performance you were going to was canceled.
9) When Mariano beats Soria in the Great Earned Run Race.
10) When you finish reading this post.