Monday, May 26, 2008

Yankees Make Mariners Cry in Completing Sweep

The egos of the Mariners were already bruised after a four run eighth inning in which their closer gave up the lead to a now dominating Yankees offense. But it was the Yankees words after the game that really got to them. "Giambi called me a circus freak as he walked off the field," said Richie Sexson, tears forming in his eyes, voice quivering. "It's not my fault I'm this tall," he continued. Ichiro sat at his locker looking quite distraught. "Matsui yelled that my English sucks. It really hurt. Matsui doesn't even speak English, how could he know that?." The most hurtful words, however, were reserved for J.J. Putz, the Mariners closer who lost them the game. "Mariano came up to me after the game and told me that I was a great pitcher and to keep working on it. That would be fine, but he said it so sarcastically. Jeter wouldn't stop laughing. It was so humiliating. Then Melky told me my English sucks, he doesn't even speak English, how could he know that?" It seems that after a slow start the Yankees are out for blood. They're not just going after wins, they want your self esteem. Baltimore beware!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baltimore beware!
You are going to win a game.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

yeah, but the Yankees still made them feel bad about themselves.

Anonymous said...

Ok, make it two games...