Saturday, February 23, 2008

Oscar Predictions

Sunday is the big day and since it is about the slowest news day in Yankee land ever I'm going with Oscar predictions. But Roberto, you ask, why should we trust your Oscar predictions, relying on them for help in our pools at work and various other forms of illicit gambling? Because I've seen almost none of the movies nominated for anything this year. This means I'm unencumbered by my perception of the films or performances, I'm utterly unbiased, so you can trust me.

Best Actor: Being unfamiliar with the field, I'm going with Derek Jeter. That Super Bowl commercial put him over the top if you ask me.

Best Supporting Actor: honestly, who cares?

Best Director: Spielberg

Best Film: Something girly, like Juno.

I think that's enough for now. If you want the rest of my picks you're going to have to sign up for premium membership, only $99.99/mo., at respectjetersgangster.blogspot.com. I'm just trying to wet my beak a little bit.


P.S.

I apologize for this absolutely asinine post. I just spent over 5 hours studying Latin and my brain is fried. I'm not responsible for anything that precedes the period at the end of this sentence.

No comments: