Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Yankees Remember Who They're Playing

The Good

Sabathia went 7.2, throwing 111 pitches, allowing three runs, and earning his third win of the year. Robinson Cano is on another planet of awesome. He hit another home run in the third, bringing his total to 6 on the season. Both Johnson and Teixeira had a hit, firsts of the season for both of them.

The Bad

I called it. In the preview, I f-----g called it! Guthrie hit another one of our guys, taking Posada out of the game with a knee contusion in the second. In fairness, he gave up 7 runs (6 earned) when not throwing at us, so he might as well just hit people.

The Ugly

Sabathia was visibly upset, both on the mound and in the dugout, when he was taken out of the game in the eighth with two outs, and two men on. RJG caught up with him after the game to find out why.

"I just wanted to finish the inning," explained Sabathia. "The next guy who was coming up (Montanez) has the best walk to the plate music, Timbaland featuring Katy Perry. I love it. It's all, 'If we ever meet again!' It kept me going all game. But then they take me out, so I'm already upset because you hear the music better from the mound. Then, Joe brings in Joba, which I specifically asked him not to do because then the Os pinch hit a lefty. So now I don't even get to hear the music from the dugout. That's why I was so upset in the dugout too."

The Home Runs

Cano was the only Bomber with a home run today, putting the rest of his teammates to shame. Crying shame! They're all weeping as we speak.

Posada 5hr = $5
Granderson 2hr = $2
Cano 6hr = $6
Swisher 2hr = $2
Jeter 3hr = $3
Johnson 1hr = $1
Rodriguez 2hr = $2
Teixeira 2hr = $2
Thames 1hr = $1
Total = $24

7 comments:

lady gaganonymous said...

This is my impression of the broadcast tonight:

Robinson Cano is gonna win an MVP! And a batting title! And a Gold Glove!

I love him to pieces and I really hope he does all that but I have been hearing this since like 2005.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

We've certainly been hearing about all the accolades Cano is going to win for a long time. Only time will tell how much of that faith is justified, but he has been off to one helluva start this year. Very impressive the way he's hitting right now.

Fernando Alejandro said...

I love this post.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

It's the "If we ever meet again!", isn't it?

Fernando Alejandro said...

It is. Its too brilliant.

Fernando Alejandro said...

Even for a person who's gone mad with degrees like you have.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

When I come visit I'm going to steal your degrees the way you stole my baseball glove and tea!