Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Rays Are Still The Team to Beat

If this most recent series has shown us anything it is that the Red Sox biggest weakness is their bullpen. When going on all cylinders, their offense can help make up for this but that won't matter as we get later into the season and especially when we get to October. The Yanks made a good trade to strengthen their bullpen this week and that is going to help them make a run. I still don't think the Rays are going to go away, and so if the Sox bullpen doesn't shape up this may be a Yanks-Rays division race. You can never count the Sox out, they're too good, but without a strong bullpen I don't see how they remain a strong contender for the division. Look at the Yanks, the only reason they're even in contention is because their bullpen has locked things down (their starting pitching has also been good, but often for six innings at a time, bringing us back to the bullpen making leads stick). This should be an interesting couple of months.

9 comments:

Fred Trigger said...

I'm no meterologist, but, I have a sneaking suspicion that tonights game will be rained out.

Fred Trigger said...

Liveblog: (0807pm) rain....lots of it.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

gotta love the ESPN start times, always convenient

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with the game tonight, so no live blog. unless of course my brother has something planned, but we're in different states so I'm not sure.

Bucky7588 said...

when they were showing the defensive alignment, the pitcher's mound said "Pavano"...only thing of interest this far in the game.

Fernando Alejandro said...

I couldn't do it mainly because that crazy storm knocked out our electricity for about 4 hours and I had to go watch the game at a Chili's. I also never saw this message. Sorry about that.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

it looks like Jon Lester is our daddy.

Anonymous said...

Lester was good, but not that great. Lack of clutch hitting made the kid Yankees hitters' daddy.

Fred Trigger said...

I didnt think the game was going to ever get started, so i went to bed and missed it. Shame on me.