Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Yankees Defeat Angels, Finally

The Good

Mussina went seven giving up only two runs. 4 Yankees had home runs, including Wilson Betemit and Jose Molina. Molina went 3 for 3 and scored 3 runs. That's gangster. It was a cool day in New York as it had rained in the early afternoon. Good time all around.

The Bad

The Angels pitching was pretty bad. They'll have to try harder next time. Also bad, the fact that this game was televised but I missed it because I had to go into work.

The Ugly

The Angels were fined as a team for spiking their gatorade coolers with HGH. The league became suspicious when they won 2 straight games against the Yankees.

The Charitable Contribution

The "Respect Jeter's Gangster" blog joined Johnny Damon's home run club, which raises money for the Children's Health Fund. We are pledged to donate $1.00 for every homerun the Yankees hit this season. We will keep a running tally of the home runs hit and the money donated throughout the season. Four Yankees hit home runs today, once again showing disdain for my brother's fixed income.

Melky Cabrera 8hr = $8.00
Alex Rodriguez 24hr = $24.00
Hideki Matsui 7 hr = $7.00
Bobby Abreu 15hr = $15.00
Jorge Posada 3hr = $3.00
Jason Giambi 20hr = $20.00
Johnny Damon 7hr = $7.00
Morgan Ensberg 1hr = $1.00
Robinson Cano 9hr = $9.00
Chad Moeller 1hr = $1.00
Wilson Betemit 5hr = $5.00
Derek Jeter 6hr = $6.00
Shelley Duncan 1hr = $1.00
Xavier Nady 1hr = $1.00
Jose Molina 1 hr = $1.00
Total = $109.00

If you are interested in Johnny Damon's Homerun Club or the Children's Health Fund you can find links to both at the top right hand corner of our page.

8 comments:

Darren said...

I was at this game and it was lots of fun. The Old Timers Game was cut short because of the rain, but it looked like everyone was having a good time. The only bad part about the afternoon was the announcer. Bob Shepard's back-up guy (who sounds almost exactly like him) was apparently out of town. The guy who replaced him sounded like a 12 year old on helium. I overheard a lot of people in my section complaining about him so I knwo I was not alone.

Anonymous said...

Your brother should donate $10.00 for Molina's first homerun of this season.

Steve said...

It may have looked like three hits in the box score but I think it was just two words to Brian Cashman. The Yankees' now have the best back up catcher in baseball, I-Rod.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

We may not see another Molina homerun as he is currently on pace to hit exactly 1 for the year. I-Rod was a great pick up, let's see what happens as he and Nady start to warm up.

Anonymous said...

Looks like I-Rod and Nady will be the starters now, don't it?

And the PA announcer has been Ed Randall (of WFAN's "Talking Baseball") subbing in for Hall. Since no PA announcer will ever be Bob Sheppard, I'm indifferent to it, so long as it's not some 5 year old kid like they do at some ballparks. If I had my choice, I wouldn't want a Sheppard impersonator anyway.

Anonymous said...

What a roller-coaster game.
One good Christian beat a bunch of Angels.

Anonymous said...

What a roller-coaster game.
One good Christian beat a bunch of Angels.

Fernando Alejandro said...

Great game last night. I hope the Yankees take some of that energy to the 106 degree heat of Texas.