The All-Star game is an interesting event since it basically puts together the kind of teams that you dream of when playing fantasy baseball, but its also interesting in that it fails to truly engage all baseball fans. Most people don't care about the All-Star game, and even making it about home field advantage really fails to build the kind of hype this kind of game should have. So here are some ways they could make the All-Star game more interesting:
1. Instead of home field advantage, the teams play for the Yankeeography mega-set DVD collection.
2. If the National League wins, Pete Rose gets into the Hall of Fame.
3. One member of the winning team will be selected to serve as commisioner for the rest of the season.
4. The losing league has to choose Barry Bonds as their official spokesman.
5. The winning team gets to throw a pizza party after the All-Star game paid for by the losing team.
6. The losing team has to issue a public apology for their inferiority.
7. The losing pitcher gets Tommy John, whether he needs it or not.
8. The losing league has to pick up the tab on the worse contract in the opposing league (ie. Barry Zito).
9. The winning team gets street cred.
10. The winning league ensures a year off from drug testing.