Monday, June 13, 2011

It Was a Massacre!

The Good

Freddy Garcia laid down the law with 6.2 innings of 1 run ball, but the Yankee offense came to life scoring 5 runs in the 5th inning on their way to a 9-1 win. Granderson went 4-4, and Gardner went 3-4 with a double and a triple. Jeter collected a pair of hits moving himself just 7 hits away from 3,000.

The Bad

We have taken 3 games from Cleveland who are legitimate contenders...in the AL Central. The Yankees are still a bunch of cowards in the face of their biggest division rivals the Red Sox. Yes, I'm still upset at them getting swept at home and having 4 players getting plunked before deciding it was worth retaliating.

The Ugly

Martin went 0-4 in his first game back after taking a few days off with a hurt back. Martin had hurt his back doing dead lifts but the RJG decided to investigate further.

"I was doing some dead lifts and Cervelli was spoting me. As I was pumping out my reps, Cervelli was all like 'That looks too easy why don't you add some more weight.' So I was like 'Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.' Then Cervelli was like, 'Real men do dead lifts on one foot.' And I was like 'I'm a real man, why don't I try it?' Then Cervelli says, 'Only cowards do dead lifts sober.' So I was like 'I'm no coward!' So I dipped into Hank Steinbrenner's private stash. Next thing I know, I wake up the next day, Cervelli's in the lineup, and I have a hurt back. I'll never listen to him again."

Granderson's 4-4 Did Not Benefit The Children

No homeruns in yesterday's game, though there were other homeruns hit in games this weekend that we refused to cover. Here's the updated RJG donation record:

Mark Teixeira 19hr = $38
Curtis Granderson 20hr = $40
Russell Martin 9hr = $18
Alex Rodriguez 13hr = $26
Jorge Posada 6hr = $12
Robinson Cano 12hr = $24
Andruw Jones 4hr = $8
Brett Gardner 3hr = $6
Nick Swisher 5hr = $10
Derek Jeter 2hr = $4
Francisco Cervelli 1hr = $2
Eduardo Nunez 1hr = $2
Total = $190

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to say... I read your blog every day and it always makes me laugh!! Keep it up!!

Fernando Alejandro said...

Thanks Anonymous! We appreciate you reading!