Monday, March 31, 2008

Hank Scares Me

Check out the following quotes from Hank Steinbrenner in a New York Times article published today:

"we want to be in position like we were in the late 1990s — and like they were in the ’30s, ’40s and ’50s, where we were the favorites almost every year. That doesn’t mean you’re going to win it, but at least be good enough to be considered the favorite every year. And I won’t hold back anything to achieve that.”

“Our plan is to be a dominant force from now on, and to do whatever we have to do.”

Is Hank planning to off someone? I mean, I appreciate commitment, and gangster, in upper management, but Hank may be taking his role as the boss a little too seriously. I wonder if he walks around saying things like, "don't ask me about my business Kay."

Maybe he just means he's willing to spend money, but something tells me there will be at least a few suspicious muggings of opposing pitchers in the visiting clubhouse.

3 comments:

Bucky7588 said...

Its a Sicilian message, it means "John Henry sleeps with the fishes"

Fernando Alejandro said...

Clams actually. In Boston they sleep with the clams, and their delicious chowdery broth.

Anonymous said...

Hank the White House spokesperson scares a lot of people. It's a gift.