Friday, March 14, 2008

Mussina Tells Critics to Back the (Expletive Deleted) Up!

Yeah, Billy Crystal had an at bat. Great. The real story from yesterday was Mussina's 5 perfect innings. Now I know its still spring training, but by all accounts, his curveball is looking sharp and dropping in for strikes. He doesn't have the velocity to blow hitters away so he will rely on finesse to get hitters out. Karsten's on the other hand had a really rough outing. I didn't think he'd make the roster before spring training started but once he got off to his strong start, I thought maybe they would keep him to start the season. The 1.1 innings with 5 earned runs certainly don't help his case. Traber didn't help the matter by giving up a pair of hits with a couple of guys on base that Karsten's had left there. It was nice that Bruney was able to get in and get the final out of that inning, and Veras pitched a perfect inning with a strikeout to follow. The real story however was Mussina's sharp performance.

Its still too early to say, but I suspect Mussina will make the team. And I know, I'm going way out on a limb here, and its probably way too early to even suggest this, but I'm just going to throw it out there, I believe Abreu makes the roster as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And God be my witness I believe we'll have Triple H on the mound pitch sledge hammers in the first game against Rays in regular season.
And Shawn michaels our first base man will deliver sweet chin music to anyone trying to get on base.