Friday, February 1, 2008

Cocaine's A Helluva Drug

According to this article in the New York Times Bill Smith contacted the Yankees prior to trading Santana to the Mets for what appear to be spare parts and requested Kennedy, Cabrera, Marquez (old news, we knew that), and Chien-Ming Wang (wtf?).

Chien-Ming Wang? Really? You wanted a guy whose won more games than Santana over the last two years in addition to three guys who are worth more than the five you ended up with? I'm not saying Bill Smith has a serious drug problem but, well, he's got to at least have a serious drug problem. We should all pray for him and wish him the best as he tries to give up whatever habit led him to think that offer to the Yankees was reasonable.

This is my last Santana post. Really. I mean it this time. I'm not going to be like all those beat writers I criticized for recycling the same old story over and over again. Seriously. I'm not talking about him any more. This time it's for real. I need help.

No comments: