Thursday, October 15, 2009

Guzman Replaces Hinske

Joe Girardi announced today that bench player Eric Hinske has been taken off the ALCS roster in favor of Freddy Guzman. Hinske, upon hearing the news, did not take it well. "'You have made a powerful enemy,' that's what he said to me," explained Girardi. "Then, as he walked out of my office, he knocked over a cup full of pens and pencils."

Hinske could not be reached for comment. An attempt to contact him by phone was unsuccessful, but he had changed his voicemail message to the following:

Hey, you've reached Eric, leave a message at the beep . . . Unless you're calling from the Yankees. Unless you're ready to apologize, go #*&^% yourself.

Also of note is that Damaso Marte is still on the Yankees ALCS roster. "We just wanted to make sure we had someone to load the bases in key situations, and also, with two lefties in the 'pen I have much more of an opportunity to overmanage the game," said Girardi.

4 comments:

cheshirecat9 said...

Ha! You guys crack me up. I am okay with the Guzman for Hinske switch. There will probably be more moments where Guzman will come in handy as opposed to Hinske. I do NOT agree with the decision to keep Marte on. I think he should have been dropped and Bruney added.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

Yeah, I was really surprised that Marte was kept on the Roster. What he brings to the table exactly is beyond me. He's never been particularly effective for us as far as I can remember.

Fernando Alejandro said...

He recorded an out once. Once.

Ruthie said...

Lol.. they took out hinske with your best shot!!?? well i agree with cheshiresat9..guzman will be more helpful in more situations as appose to hinske.....


and I don't even know why marte's still in the bull pen. i dont remember one instance in the regular season where he helped... I honestyly can't remember, which is shocking cause i've watched almost everygame this year....