Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Let's Trade Teixeira for Albert Pujols

I know, I know, Teixeira hasn't even had a chance to play for us , and we literally just signed him. But sometimes, you just need Albert Pujols. I mean, whose better than Pujols? He's a career .334 hitter, and hit 37 homeruns last season despite an elbow that needed extensive surgery. Since then he's gotten the surgery. So, let's get Pujols before we get too attached to Teixeira. Pujols will be a free agent in 2012, but who can wait that long? I sure can't. If not, we can always fill the perceived void of epic slugger with Manny Ramirez. If Pujols won't protect A-Rod then perhaps Manny should. Sign Manny for 2 years $50 million. He'll take it, and the Yankees will sing songs of joy when he hits mammoth homeruns in the post season.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell, let's trade A Rod for Pujos! I bet Tex could move to third without a lot of problems.
And that frees up enough money to raise Walter Johnson from the dead and sign him to round out the rotation.

Joe

Fernando Alejandro said...

I like it! I don't think the Cardinals can handle his contract, so we'll have to sell the whole homerun race thing, and the untold millions that it will generate for St. Louis. If that fails, we'll just throw Kei Igawa at them and run.

Anonymous said...

The Cardinals would have to get creative. They could send the players out into the stands with change cups to schmooze with the spectators when they weren't actually in the game.
We used to do that with my daughter's riding club when we'd be at rodeos far from home, and it really helped with the expenses.

Joe

Anonymous said...

I'm not interested in Pujols but I'm still coveting Doc Halladay. If the Red Sox pull off a trade for him, I don't know what I'll do.

Fernando Alejandro said...

Doc doesn't like the Yankees. In fact, he's very gung ho for Toronto. I know it sounds strange, but it is the case.

St. Louis could go begging for it, or they could just set up a meet A-Rod event where people pay $40 a ticket to meet him. Add in a $9 beer, and a $5 hotdog, and you're raking pretty big. I bet that would draw in more fans than an actual game would.

Raven King said...

Doc Halladay and our precious Apple Juice happen to be friends.
Just dangle AJ in front of Doc and he'll happily take the bait.

Anonymous said...

Let's dangle Texeira for Youklis but at the last minute, say: "I was kidding! What are you crazy?" LOL

That'll learn dem Red Sox fans....

Anonymous said...

Um Guys... Rumor has it out of St. Louis that the Cardinals are looking to give Albert a close to lifetime extension prior to the 09 season. He is the face of their franchise and have had the highest attendance record in the NL since 2000... So they have the cash flow to pay him. The have the money to pay him whatever he would like. His current deal has them deferring full payment all the way until 2027. He is also from that area originally. I think that it is a little too wishful that St. Louis would part ways with someone like that.