Friday, July 30, 2010

What?

The Good

Certainly an 11-4 victory is good on many levels, but the main focus of this good section will be Dustin Moseley. Moseley pitched 6 innings of 1 run ball, following up a 4.2 inning 0 run effort he pitched against Kansas City. Now neither of these teams are teams to brag about, but Moseley was sharp. If he can keep this up he should be a perfect place holder for the injured Pettitte.

Also good, the Yankees scored 11 runs.

The Bad

Why is Chan Ho Park still on the team?

The Ugly

I came to an ugly realization: I don't really care about A-Rod's 600th homerun. At this point I'm more annoyed at its coverage than anything else. Now that much I don't think is ugly, I think some of you may even agree with that, the ugly part is that I realized that I would be a lot more interested in A-Rod's 600th homerun if we hadn't found out last year that he used steroids. People may disagree, but I honestly feel like it cheapens it. If he breaks Bonds' record, I'll be happy for him without a doubt, but in the end you're just trading one PED user for the other. This isn't meant to be anti-A-Rod or anything. I think he's a phenomenal player, and over the past couple seasons it seems like he's really grown as a teammate. I love watching him play, and like him as an individual. I just think this milestone is way overhyped with what we know. Sorry, but that's the ugly.

RJG for the Babies

In the year of the pitcher, Robinson Cano is king. Cano hit his 20th homerun of the season, allowing an extra $2 donation to the Children's Health Fund by us the RJG.

Posada 12hr = $24
Granderson 10hr = $20
Cano 20hr = $40
Swisher 18hr = $36
Jeter 9hr = $18
Johnson 2hr = $4
Rodriguez 15hr = $30
Teixeira 20hr = $40
Thames 3hr = $6
Gardner 5hr = $10
Winn 1hr = $2
Miranda 3hr = $6
Curtis 1hr = $1
Total = $240

5 comments:

Uncle Mike said...

You've got it right about Moseley: It's not really who he beat, as much as how he pitched. If his control is good against bad teams, chances are it'll be about as good against good teams, unless those teams get into his head. And we'll have to find that out sooner or later, so we might as well give him the chance to prove that they won't.

You're also right that Chan Ho has got to go. Apparently, the biggest lead with which he can be trusted is 8 runs.

Fernando Alejandro said...

Yeah, 8 runs sounds about right. I didn't know who Moseley was before he got called up, but he's started some games for the Angels off and on over the last 4 years. He certainly has enough experience to at least cover for Pettitte. I think its a better option than Mitre.

Anonymous said...

He is a much better option than Mitre!

Dylan said...

A-Rod hitting his 600th doesn't even feel like a milestone anymore. It seems more like a burden on all of our shoulders. You know the feeling when someone else is so embarassed that you feel embarrassed for them? I'm reaching that point with A-Rod.

Rich Mahogany said...

I guess Cashman read RJG again because he DFA'd Park to make room for Kerry Wood.