Saturday, November 21, 2009

Blast From the Past

CNNSI.com is reporting that the White Sox are close to a deal with none other than Omar Vizquel. Once considered the best defensive shortstop in baseball, and half of the best double-play combination in baseball at the time while he was with Cleveland with second baseman Roberto Alomar, the veteran shortstop is now close to signing with a new team. The signing, however, has caught some people by surprise.

"He's still alive?" asked a surprise Jamie Moyer. "I think I was watching him play when I was a kid. How the hell is he still playing?"

"What position will he play?" asked Jimmy Rollins. When told shortstop, he responded, "No, seriously." Told we were serious, Rollins had only one response, "Whatever, I just know we're the better team."

Cal Ripken, for one, was happy for Vizquel. "I remember when I first came into the league, he really helped me with some of the veteran advice he would give me. I wish him all the best."

No comments: