Monday, December 21, 2009

Leaving No Stone Unturned

Yankees Managing General Partner Hal Steinbrenner was recently quoted as saying that the Yankees would be "leaving no stone unturned" in regards to the hot stove season. He also said that the Yankees still have room for one more move. In this exclusive interview, Hal Steinbrenner agreed to speak with RJG in our first ever interview with the man who is running the Yankees.

Hal: "One move is what we have left, and we have to make it count." Explained Hal. "When we move, you [the press] move. Just like that."

RJG: "Is that a Ludacris song?"

Hal: "Did it, done it."

RJG: "Okay. So what kind of move do you have in mind?"

Hal: "You know, I was in a board meeting the other day with Cash and some of the execs. We were discussing what options we have as a team, and trying to operate within our budget. Then Cash's cell phone rang, and his ring tone was 'Empire State of Mind' by Jay-Z. And the Jay-Z song was on. And the Jay-Z song was on. And the Jay-Z song was on. So I put my hands up, they're playing..."

RJG: "Please stop."

Hal: [Singing] "And the Jay-Z song was on! And the Jay-Z song was oooooonnn!"

RJG: "If you didn't want to talk to us about the team you could have just told us."

Hal: [Singing] "So I put my hands up they're playing my song, and the butterflies fly away."

RJG: "You know I drove 4 hours for this interview right?"

Hal: [Singing louder] "All I see is stiletto's, I must've didn't get the memo."

RJG: "Okay, thanks for the interview."

So, my 8 hour round trip has basically turned up that Hal likes Jay-Z, and apparently Miley Cyrus too. Could be worse for a Monday morning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hilarious :) Thanks for this!

Fernando Alejandro said...

Glad you liked it! Material can be hard to come by throughout stretches of the hot stove season.