Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Back to Claim What's Mine

Well, I've returned from my scouting trip to Dallas, and have concluded that though there could be some great talent there, the current market situation has wiped us out of any scouting endeavors. About a year ago, a portfolio consisting of Bear Stearns, Lehman brothers, Washington Mutual, Fannie, Freddie and Ford seemed like a good thing. Now, I'm waving goodbye to my retirement. That and my unborn children's college fund. They better either be brilliant or be amazing athletes. In reality, the jokes on my parents with whom I'll have to live with for the rest of my life. Victory!

Anyway, nothing has been more exciting than the playoffs this year. I've actually found myself interested in some of the other teams involved, namely the Rays and the Dodgers. Right now, I'm 1-4 in post season predictions, which is still higher than A-Rod's average with runners in scoring position. Zing! Watch, he'll have another great season next year. I'm going to be working on my review of Joe Girardi so I won't say much here about him, but it seems there are some doubts about his ability to lead a veteran clubhouse. Shocker. I was going to do a review of each player, but they would all pretty much read the same so I decided not to waist my time.

As of today, Hank has not agreed to our interview. I'm not sure what he's so frightened about. He may feel a little uncomfortable that we would make him respond to our inquiries by posing his answers in the form of a question, not unlike Jeopardy, but I still don't think that's reason enough to not interview with us. To that end, we have created the Hank Steinbrenner interview count down. On the right hand side we have the number of days that Hank has refused to interview with the RJG blog, which will not stop until he interviews with us or we forget that its there. I would also like to point out the many participants that have manned up and done great interviews with us, a list that includes New York Times best selling author Richard Bradley, Trenton Beat Writer Mike Ashmore, Journal News Journalist Peter Abraham, Daily News Journalist Mark Fiensand, Journal News Columnist Sam Borden, and of course former Yankee PR Director Marty Appel.

In any event, I'll be back blogging regularly tomorrow. Robbie Fingers, I thank you for holding the fort down in my absence, and while I do appreciate your contributions, don't expect to see any checks until those "Respect Jeter's Gangster" T-shirts start flying off the racks.

9 comments:

TribeGirl said...

First night back and already dogging on ARod. Always with the ARod! You need to keep track of how many times you guys rag on him. Never mind, I'll step up and take on that responsibility myself (since I'm his best friend, he just doesn't know it.) I want your full attention on getting Hank to talk to you.

BTW, has anyone seen the season premier of South Park tonight? Effing Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Several days after Joe Torre declared his will to attend the closing ceremony of the Yankee Stadium in November, the Yankees confirmed that there would be no such ceremony?
What a convenient concidence.
No doubt it will help Hank stop howling and whimpering.
And what's the joy of life if we can't make fun of A-Rod?

Bucky7588 said...

guess who likes tim mccarver a lot right now...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8644878/McCarver-rips-Manny%27s-%27despicable%27-Boston-antics

Anonymous said...

"Have a plan for every at-bat. Understand what the pitcher is trying to do to you and what you need to do to him.
This is a MUST READ.

Steve said...

Tim McCarver hates the Yankees, always has (dates back to the '64 Series, dam he holds a grudge a long time. Get over it Tim, your team won). Now he is ripping our 2009 dh. He just wants to be the first.

Fernando Alejandro said...

Tim McCarver's just bitter that no one cares about him. Well Tim, I care, and caring is half the battle.

Anonymous said...

Can't stand McCarver and his shoe polish dyed hair. As for A-Rod, he WILL have a great year in '09 because he wins the MVP in odd years, not even ones!

Fernando Alejandro said...

You're absolutely right Jane, 2005 and 2007, now wait for 2009. He's going to hit 65 homeruns, 40 of them in the 9th inning with 2 outs with the Yankees trailing, and hit into 4 double plays all season. Its how he follows up rough years.

TribeGirl said...

Tim McCarver is just trying to stay relevant and is jealous of Manny. Shut up Tim!!!