Friday, October 31, 2008

Free Agency Announcement

Now that the World Series is over, I am announcing that I am officially filing for free agency effective immediately. While I certainly expect to renegotiate a new contract with Respect Jeter's Gangster prior to the exclusivity deadline, it is in my best interest to file now. My agent, one Mr. Scott Boras, has assured me that I should be among the top earners in my field. But it's not about the money. I prefer to write for the only organization I have ever written for, and I love writing in New York. However, other blogs, including the Yankees, have expressed interest (though they have abided by the rule that no offers be made until RJG's exclusive bargaining window expires). I have waited until now to announce this in order to not overshadow the World Series, that's not my style. Peace to the Out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how much would it take for you to stay.. especially with that a-hole of an agent? In all seriousness.. We need a first basemen. bad. but we also need a pitcher.. did anyone hear buster olney? the yankees could offer 30-40mill more than anyone else? can we sign texeria with that much dedicated to CC?

Anonymous said...

offer 30-40 more than anyone to CC sorry

Fernando Alejandro said...

The Yankees have a ton of money coming off the books this year including $21 million for Giambi, $16 million for Pettitte, $11 million for Mussina, $11 million for Pavano, and $16 million for Abreu. That's probably where the speculation about how much they'll offer Sabathia is coming from. Personally I don't think they'll go that high. They'll offer something competitive with the intention of signing both Teixeira and Sabathia.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

Don't forget Manny. 30-40 Million over seems excessive, but who knows, these are the Yankees.

Anonymous said...

Let's sign Manny, Schilling, Varitek, Millar and Lowe.
Let's turn Former Red Sox into future Yankees.

Fred Trigger said...

the yankees have a pool filled with gold coins, similar to scrooge mcduck. I dont think they will hurt for money