Saturday, October 4, 2008

Somewhere Steinbrenner Is Crying

The Dodgers just swept the best regular season team in baseball out of the postseason. The manager who was at fault for every early post season exit in the history of baseball, and who only won because of the teams the Yankees graciously let him watch from the dugout, has just taken the worst of the NL postseason teams and swept the best. This no talent hack, with no fire and/or leadership ability is now managing in the NLCS.

Congrats to Mr. Torre, he did a great job guiding this team this far. I know he doesn't deserve to be in the postseason and that it's all a fluke of the division system in baseball, but there he is. Good thing we canned him unceremoniously and then neglected to show any video of the guy during the last game at Yankee Stadium.

Okay, no more bitterness. I'm happy for Torre, and I'll be rooting for him against the Phillies. I'm thinking Rays over Boston in the ALCS, and Dodgers over the Phillies in the NLCS. That's what I'd like to see anyway, it's more of a wishlist then a prediction. Here's to October.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wMr. T and his gang will clinch the NL Champion in the blinking of an eye if Chase Utley and Pat Burrell don't stop impersonating Playoff Mode A-Rod.
The Steinbrenners can cry their guts out for all I care.

TribeGirl said...

Yay Mr. T and Yay Manny!!!

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

I'm glad there are some others out here who share my sentiments.

Anonymous said...

I share your sentiments, Roberto. Dodgers-Rays in the WS. I could actually stomach that. Don't think it'll happen though.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

I've gotta say that I'm not that impressed with the Phillies so far, and the Dodgers are pretty hot. I think they've got a chance. The rays are young and clueless enough to beat boston in the ALCS whom I think they will face. I think it could happen, here's to hoping it will.