Sunday, October 19, 2008

We Just Witnessed History

Wow. That's all I can say about this game. I had mentioned earlier that I thought Garza could pitch a gem. Sometimes you just have that feeling. The creepy thing is, before the game started I got it in my head that he would pitch 7 innings with 1 run. I was sure that would be his box score. When he gave up the homerun in the first inning I had my doubts, but it quickly got back in my head. Then he makes it through the 7th inning only allowing 1 run, and I think this is kind of weird, until he comes out in the 8th. He gets the ground out, and I'm thinking I was wrong, when suddenly the ball takes a bad hop and kicks into the outfield. Garza was taken out of the game with a final box score of 7 innings, 1 run. What I wasn't so sure about was who would win the game. Right on through to the last out, I was on the edge of my seat. Maddon finally used David Price, and he got them out of a big jam. Bases loaded with JD Drew coming up, Price struck the man out to put an end to the rally the Sox had put together. You have to pull for this team. I was having some Sox fans over for yesterday's game, so I went to a few sporting goods stores before hand to find a Rays shirt. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one. I wore my "Respect Jeter's Gangster" tee tonight and I can now say with full confidence that I'm the reason they won. Okay, maybe not, but I'm sure it helped. Here's hoping for a quick Rays victory in the World Series. I want to get the hot stove season brewing as soon as possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The baseball world thanks you, Rays.

Now, go Phillies. :D

Anonymous said...

We just witnessed history.
And we just saw Jeter's new girlfriend. Our captain is a very sensible man in picking girlfriends.