Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rays Play Some Good Ball

Although I am not happy that Torre's Dodgers are getting their rear's handed to them, I am happy that I won't have to choose whether I'm rooting for the Dodgers or the Rays in the World Series. The Rays scored 13 runs last night, blowing out the Red Sox and putting them one win away from their first world series appearance in the history of the world. Now, we've all made the mistake of underestimating the Red Sox before, and it would be unwise to count them out now, but I'm going to do it anyway. The Red Sox are done, and Evan Longoria's bat did them in. Years from now, when Longoria's getting inducted into the hall of fame, Melky Cabrera will be able to point at him and say "I punched him in the back of the head once." and it will be a great moment for Yankee fans everywhere.

Now I know everyone's been waiting for my review of Joe Girardi for a week, and you need not worry because it is coming. I'm not a deadbeat blog writer no matter what the courts may tell you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit disappointed that Shane Victorino is not the NLCS MVP.
Now I'm waiting to see the vicious Rays eating Matsuzaka alive.
Melky punched Jonny Gomes, not the Desperate Wonderkid.

Anonymous said...

The Dodgers' Loss, I believe, is the living proof of "You are what you eat".
They ate the Cubs alive in the NLDS, so it's only natural that the horrible defence that stabbed Carlos Zambrano in the back passed on to them.