Thursday, April 2, 2009

Look Out for Peter Handrinos Interview Tomorrow

This evening I attended Peter Handrinos' book signing at Borders on Park Ave. and 57th. As soon as I can figure out how to get the video off my phone and onto my computer I will post it here. Peter discussed the Yankees past and present for over an hour, and was gracious enough to let me use up about 12 minutes of it asking questions about punching horses. Okay, I didn't ask any questions about punching horses, but you know what I mean.

The event was well attended. I had the pleasure of meeting Lisa Swan of Subway Squawkers at the event. There were a few older fans present and one, who was the first person to arrive and had sat in the front, asked a lot of great questions and was very knowledgeable about the team. It's interesting listening to a guy who's been following the team for decades. The passion that surrounds the Yankees is just such a great thing to be a part of.

So look out for the interview tomorrow, and pick up the book, which is entitled, "The Truth About Ruth." The cover has a picture of Jeter on it, despite the title's reference to Ruth, but the publisher clearly respects the gangster. It's an enjoyable read with a lot of great information about the Yankees and the game of baseball. Handrinos is a fan but he's not sentimental, he definitely booed A-Rod at some point. He has a critical eye and doesn't pull punches. In short, he's a real New York fan. I think you'll enjoy the book.

1 comment:

Subway Squawkers said...

Roberto, I enjoyed meeting you last night. Here's my Squawker blog post about the event:

http://subwaysquawkers.blogspot.com/2009/04/squawker-in-big-city-for-truth-about.html

Lisa