Monday, April 13, 2009

When Did We Sign Mark Wohlers?

So Chien-Ming Wang is having problems throwing his sinker. You see, when thrown properly, a sinker results in ground ball outs. When thrown improperly, it results in eight runs in less than 2 innings. I Wang's defense, those pitches were thrown for strikes, making the Wohlers comparison unfair and hurtful. In my defense, those pitches were thrown for runs, making the Wohlers comparison well deserved and, quite frankly, earned. Is it bad that I would like to see what Ian Kennedy can do in the two spot? Only time will tell.

The best part of last night's game? Swisher as the new set up man. Swisher pitched the eighth, giving up one hit, one walk, and no runs. He has, perhaps, been our most consistent reliever, and, I've got to think, the front runner for the all important 8th inning set up role. Oh yeah, and Swish had another RBI today, and scored two runs. Yankees MVP so far? I think so. AL MVP? Only time will tell.

Finally, tonight marks our fourth loss where we have scored at least four runs and still managed to lose. Okay, in fairness, tonight, and in the first two losses, we pitched to lose. Only the last game of the Kansas City series was managed to lose. Will William Jefferson Randolph be sitting in the Yankees dugout before long? Only time will tell.

7 comments:

Ruthie said...

WOAH!!!! I tapped out after the 6th or so inning, i was watching some reality show , then i turn to get a score count, and the game was over..so i am all bummed, and then my friend (whos a met fan), was like "NICK SWISHER PITCHED WOAH SHIT".. i thought he was stright up lying..then i watch the highlights and sure nuff i see a lil number 33 pitching and having fun... i think swisher brings more dynamics to the orginization then was previously thought....and to think, we got him all for wilson betemit and aminor leagure or 2...
yall remeber when the news bout swisher broke, and I was over here saying "he was the christmas gift you didnt quite want'....well tonights proformance has shoved my foot completely down my throat lol

cheshirecat9 said...

WTF? I missed last night's game. I only checked the score once on my phone and saw it was 12 - 1 or something. Then I read Peter Abraham's blog and se the RJG wasn't kidding, Swisher really did pitch the 8th! Crazy world.
Wang better get himself together. Do you think someone has a voodoo hex on him?

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

Voodoo hex is possible, but I'm going to go with leprechaun curse. Makes more sense to me.

Fred Trigger said...

well if you throw it somewhat competently lefthanded, you will be a valued commodity in MLB. Just ask Jarrod Washburn and Eric Milton. Also, when people were sad and upset that the yanks acquired Swisher, who talked everyone off the ledge? (pointing thumbs at self) This guy! Now if only the sox would win some games, i would be happy.

TribeGirl said...

Fred, you're right. I remember you giving Swisher his props back then. Thumbs up to you - great call!! I still hate Youklis and Papelbon.... :-)

Fred Trigger said...

i dont like papelbon. Hes such an ass. On comcast they had a viewer question for him from a 14 year old girl and she asked "which hitter he feared most." His reply was "first off! Thats a stupid question, because cinco ocho fears no one!" I havent really cared much for him ever since.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

That is awful, Fred. He's clearly very talented, but what a douche. I can't believe that was his response. It's sad really. I wonder how his teammates really feel about him. Do you have any sense of that?