Tuesday, April 21, 2009

RJG Public Service Announcement

Some of you may have noticed that Toronto is leading the AL East. Now, I generally don't pay much attention to the standings until July, but some people do, and they get worried. So let me put an end to the speculation: the Blue Jays will not compete this year. Their pitching behind Halladay, though impressive thus far, will not hold up over the course of the season. The offense is basically what they had last season. The AL East has not become a 4 dog race, we can all rest a little easier now.

Unless of course I'm wrong.

Horribly wrong.

The More You Know.

3 comments:

TribeGirl said...

It's April. Most of the good teams and good players suck in April. Last year Kansas City was on top in the AL Central and talking playoffs. They finished crappy with the Tribe...

Fred Trigger said...

Thanks to your calming words, I think I shall slowly step away from this ledge i've been chillin on.

Fernando Alejandro said...

Yeah, looking at the standings now is pointless, or more accurately, caring about the standings now is pointless.

Fred! I'm glad I've talked you off the ledge. What's going on with Smoltz?